Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Work Sucks, Slot machines are fun

Welcome back everybody. It was a painful and arduous crawl to get into work this morning, but I made it and I was on time. That is all I have accomplished at this point. I am grateful to have a job, but if I could exist comfortably without a job I would quit really fast.

The New Year's celebrations have come and gone. I celebrated New Year's Eve by traveling to my local grocery store and buying a bag of hot wings and a 2 liter of Pepsi. We proceeded to watch South Park and eat hot wings. There was one minor catastrophe when my daughter rubbed hot wing juice into her eye, but other than that we made it through unscathed.

We celebrated New Year's Day watching our favorite team's bowl game and it was a miserable showing. We offset the misery by playing with the neighbor's slot machines. They're real slot machines, but you can't win real money because he uses tokens. Our 20 month old quickly learned how to jam the coins in and push the buttons and she was absolutely delighted. That is the longest I have ever seen her entertained by one object. The coins would come shooting out and the lights would flash when she won and I have never before seen such pure joy in her eyes. I am a little scared for what the future holds.
TAGS:

No comments: