Monday, January 8, 2007

I eat like a 15 year old boy

In the very early hours this morning, I was in my bathroom depositing a little upchuck in the toilet (I did include a link for throwing up, what a great link!). I was grateful because I was pretty certain I would feel better afterwards, but I was also a little curious about the source. As I lay my sweaty head on the wonderfully cold ceramic tile following the purge, I ran over the list of possiblities in my head. My child attends daycare, so it is usually very obvious where the virus originated and who amplified it so it could attack me. But, she hasn't puked since the beginning of December and this doesn't mesh with the 14 day incubation period of your standard virus. My next candidate was food poisining. I made a mental list of what I ate yesterday and I was so disgusted I almost lost my lunch all over again. Are you ready? (this is chronological): a generous thermos of coffee, stale pretzels and graham crackers from the diaper bag, mashed potatoes, roast beef, corn, ~ 2 candy bars worth of chocolate, 3 stale Christmas cookies, another cup of coffee, 2 generous plates of food at your standard cafeteria style all you can eat restaurant (in-laws Bday party), and a piece of strawberry birthday cake. I have been blessed with a high metabolism, so I don't weigh 350 lbs as I obviously should with a diet like this. However, I don't care what you're metabolism is, obscene overeating is NOT good for you. I gave up trying to decide what made me sick and decided to make a belated New Year's resolution to care about myself and my family enough to not eat like a teenager. We'll see if I can stick to it.
TAGS:

1 comment:

ArahMan7 said...

I wish I could eat more.

Greeting from Malaysia