Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Prayers

As soon as I finished my post yesterday, I heard about the shootings at Virginia Tech. Everything was immediately put into perspective and I could once again see the beautiful gift that my life is and how petty and self centered I frequently am. My prayers go out to the family and friends of the victims of this crime. I pray that everyone is given the strength and support needed to work through their loss. My prayers also go out to the University leaders and police force who I believe made the best decision they could with the information they were given.
TAGS:

3 comments:

Roz said...

We've been watching the news coverage of the 'shootings at Virginia Tech' over here in the UK and it rips your heart apart. Thinking of the whys, and the lives that have been lost and how life won't be the same for their loved ones...

Words can't express how sad it all is... Lord please be with all that have been affected.

Omara said...

This is terrible! Over 30 lives killed off not to mention their family and friends. At 9/11 they calculated each person knows about 150 people - so that is at least 4500 people directly affected by this madness. Did you do the weekly poll on my blog? What can we do about it? God help us all!

Trudging said...

I know what you mean about prespective.