Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I've heard a few people say they don't like this holiday. I can understand that. For years I felt left out on Valentine's Day because I didn't have a significant other in my life. Today I feel a part of, but not because of my husband. I feel a part of because of my life in recovery. I celebrate Valentine's with everyone and I hand out big pink and red cards and eat/share a lot of candy. I made Valentines for Manther's friends and caregivers at daycare (they have Elmo on them, of course). I got to deliver them into homemade paper plate mailboxes hung on the wall and I really enjoyed it. Then, I shared a cup of coffee with a couple of daycare moms and wished them Happy Valentine's, too. Happy Valentine's Day to anyone who reads this and don't miss out on the chance to celebrate a holiday.
TAGS:

No comments: