Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Grateful for Mom

I am a working mother and frequently I feel like every day is scheduled. As I complete one task, I am already thinking about and assessing the next. When I get up in the morning, I am planning the daycare dropoff. As I do the daycare dropoff, I am shifting focus to my morning at work. As work progresses, I am thinking about the daycare pickup and getting dinner on the table. After dinner, I'm preparing for the next day. I don't think I am unusual. I assume that this is how the day goes for most moms. This week, my mom came to babysit on Mon and Tues. I don't really know how to express how wonderful that is. I feel like it adds three hours onto my day. On Sunday night, I started to plan meals for my toddler the next day. Then, I realized Grandma would be here and there was food in the fridge. Good enough! I came home Mon prepared to jump into supper and it was on the table and several loads of laundry had been done. I played with my daughter that evening and was so grateful for the time together. Similar things happened on Tuesday and that night I actually sat on the couch by myself (that never happens) because Manther had been occupied with Grandma all day and was calmly playing by herself (again, that never happens). Of course, I dozed off because I have lost the ability to be still with out falling asleep. Grandma had to go home yesterday and I was very sad. She's coming back in 2 1/2 weeks and I am already looking forward to it.
TAGS:

1 comment:

Omara said...

I so know what being on a schedule is about. Crazy isn't it? What else can we do...? I'm loving your blog.