Monday, May 14, 2007

Party Favors



I got to see my sister this weekend. We behaved in a very juvenile manner and it was fun. We were reliving her baby shower and laughing at her mother-in-law. My mother, who refuses to say anything bad about anyone no matter how much fun it might be, says that my sister's MIL is a very 'focused' and 'directed' person. My sister uses other words to describe her. Her MIL is excited about the baby and did a lot of work for the shower. She enjoys crafts and usually makes some very nice stuff (well, not as nice as girl's, but still decent). She went to all the work to paint faces and embroider hats and make lace thingys for these little doll heads. I think she made about 30 of them. But, they have no body and they are freaky looking. I don't know exactly what they are. The MIL called them an 'ornament'. They look more like an unattached head to me. My sister and I had to try and keep a straight face as we set a bodyless doll at each place setting. The worst part is that the heads were stored in these egg cartons. While 1 of these looks a little freaky, 12 of them perched at angles in an egg carton was hysterical. My mother was hissing at us under her breath as we tried to suppress our giggles. The truth is I cannot do crafts AT ALL. I nearly failed 'art' in grade school and sewing is like torture for me. So, do I have the right to laugh? Not at all. It was terrible behavior, but you just can't be good all the time.
TAGS:

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh that is SO FUNNY. I would have given anything to see those heads in egg cartons.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Special K ~Toni said...

I'm glad we are on the same page- That doll head is freaky!

Redhead Gal said...

It reminds me of that doll head in Toy Story. Eeek!

Mama Dukes said...

gosh that is scarey

Special K ~Toni said...

I tagged you on my blog~

Special K Family

gail said...

I 2nd what Lisa said! But the pride, oh the pride in these things... I get it, giggle.

Anonymous said...

That really was hillarious!! They are weird looking.